10 October 2006

Confuzed Disco



I picked up this album, subtitled 'a retrospective of Italian records' on the cheap from Juno last week and I don't think a day has gone by without me listening to at least a couple of tracks from it. There are quite a range of styles on there, all from the eighties. There is some post disco 4/4 which stays melodic but obviously is more electronic based than seventies disco. Then there is some early house stuff as well as some electro business. They even managed to sneak a bit of synth pop in there too, which turns out to be my favourite track. I love the synth chords, the bouncey little bassline, the little piano trills and even the vocals on the Fawzia track below. The chorus is so euphoric it makes me want to just glide about with my arms stretched wide (not in public though!).

Fawzia - Please Don't Be Sad

There are a couple of tracks from Gaz Nevada featured. 'Secret Agent Man' should be familiar to fans of Morgan Geist, as it featured on his excellent Unclassics mix cd. The other track, 'I.C. Love Affair' is another slow paced electronic groove. The opening chords, arpeggio bassline and synth hook combine to produce a very hypnotic track.

Gaz Nevada - I.C. Love Affair

There are a whole bunch of other great tunes on the album, samples can be found here at Juno where it is still a bargain at just £6.99 for a double LP.

No comments: