25 June 2007

The Chaplin Band



Another record I picked up in Barcelona, this time edging more towards the funky side of Disco rather than Italo. I can't find a lot of info on these guys though I'm afraid. According to Discogs, they were formed in 1976 by brothers Jo & John Bartles. The singer Jimmy Soulier (who penned Welcome to the Party) left in 1977 and was replaced by Walter Nita, who himself left only a year later. Anton Schlaecker and Jack Bartels joined the band in 1981, both of which are credited on Angelina, my favourite of the two tracks. Like Kano, this was also released on the local Spanish Hispavox label, licenced from the Dutch label Pierrot in 1982. Both tracks are taken from the LP Dancing On Townsquare. I love the cover art on this one!

The Chaplin Band - Welcome to the Party.mp3

The Chaplin Band - Angelina.mp3

2 comments:

babyfacedave said...

try and find their track il veliro, its amazing

Anonymous said...

yep, u need il veliero, one of my favourite disco tunes. theres a white label knocking around so shouldn't be too hard to find.