08 October 2007

Ugly Edits



I've been picking a couple of these Theo Parrish Ugly Edits up from various places recently and it's all good stuff. Released as a series of 10 in ridiculously small quantities a few years back (good luck finding an original, hand-sprayed vinyl!), these are Theo's re-edits of disco, soul and house tracks.

This re-edit from Volume 4 extends and repeats beyond all reasonable thinking, but as it's such a unstoppable monster of a groove, works so well. The 11 minutes fly by.

The Dells - Get On Down (Theo Parrish Re-Edit).mp3 (Alt. Link)

Hear more stuff like this as well as soul, funk, disco, hiphop and whatever else tickles my fancy, on my weekly shows on internet radio station RllmukFM, tune in (by clicking the link) 9.30 to 11pm UK Time [/plug]. All my fellow posters here have regular slots too, but I'll let them pimp those themselves ;)

No comments: