23 November 2007

Happy Daymare



I'm not sure if I have mentioned rllmukfm yet, but it's a new internet radio station that a friend of mine has set up. It's not a 24 hour service, but you will find a selection of DJ's playing a variety of music most evenings throughout the week. Ben, Paul and myself all have regular shows, the details of which are on the website.

Probably my favourite show on the station is Friday's VGM (videogame music) session with Sabreman. I've always been a big fan of videogames and their soundtracks and he picks a fine selection of old chip-tunes, VGM remixes, plus some more recent stuff. His love of obscure Japanese remix/arrangement albums brought up this slice of jazz-funk goodness. A remix of the stage 6 music from the 1991 Konami shoot 'em up Xexex - yes, I'd never heard of it either! It's a mighty fine sax groove, with lovely chords and some excellent keyboard work - taken from the Perfect Selection album by Konami Kukeiha Club (check that sexy front cover!). I love finding great tracks like this in such unlikely places. Take a listen, suprise yourself!

Konami Kukeiha Club - Happy Daymare.mp3

No comments: